October is the month for nominations for Intel Retiree Board positions. President, Vice President, and Secretary are two year terms that will commence on January 1, 2017.
Duties are as follows:
President, Elected by majority vote of IRO’s Board members
- Is the primary interface with Intel and manages IRO’s Officer Election process.
- Oversees the Board and leads all IRO Board, Strategic Planning, and Intel meetings, ensuring the publication of minutes with assigned ARs.
- Ensures an open flow of communication between Board members, and adherence to IRO’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Sees that all IRO meetings are held regularly with agendas and materials distributed in advance.
- Attends Communication meetings as a participant.
- As needed, holds ad hoc meetings with Site Coordinators.
- Participates in the development of IRO committees, their composition, duties, and their roles.
- Required attendance at: two hour quarterly Board meetings, 1.5 hour bi-monthly Strategic Planning meetings, one hour monthly Communication meetings, one hour monthly Intel meetings; and two meetings annually with IRO’s Intel Executive Sponsor.
Vice President, Elected by majority vote of IRO’s Board members
Is 2-in-a-box with the President, acts for the President when he/she is not available, and carries the same responsibility and authority.
- Required attendance at same meetings as President.
Secretary, Elected by majority vote of IRO’s Board members
Attends and participates in quarterly Board meetings and records minutes, in permanent form, with ARs assigned and tracked.
- Attends and participates in quarterly Strategic Planning meetings.
- Administers email voting of motions for the Board or the Membership.
- Maintains and updates IRO’s Charter and By-laws.
- Maintains and updates the “Board Members” page, including all links from it, under “About Us” on IRO’s website.
- Acts for the President and Vice President when they are unavailable, and carries the same responsibility and authority.
- Required attendance at: two hour quarterly Board meetings, and 1.5 hour, bi-monthly Strategic Planning meetings.
If you are interested in running for one of the above offices,
– Send us your bio that includes your Intel experience, areas of interest, and how you believe you can help move our organization forward.
– Prior participation in an IRO committee and/or board business expected.
Nominations must be received by 10/31/16. Just send an email to our mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your nominations. Elections will be held in November via email.