Medical and Dental Benefits:
- Your active employee medical and dental coverage ends at midnight on the last day of the month in which your employment ends, i.e. your retirement date is October 3,your coverage ends October 31.
- Within in three weeks of your retirement, you will receive two packets from the Intel Health Benefits Center:1) Retiree Health Packet with SERMA & IRMP information and
2) A personalized COBRA packet with an Election Notice. The COBRA Election Notice includes information on the cost, deadlines, length of COBRA coverage, election form and Notice of Continuation Rights and Responsibilities.
- If COBRA is elected within 60 days of your coverage end date or the date your notification is mailed, whichever occurs later, there will be no lapse in coverage. Using the dates in the example above, COBRA would be effective November 1. Intel’s COBRA Administrator is Aon Hewitt*.
- COBRA benefits are based on your home address — be sure to update your home address with Intel.
- Your SERMA, if eligible, will be created 45-60 days after your retirement. Intel’s SERMA administrator is Aon Hewitt.
- If you do not receive your packet or have questions, including information on COBRA medical and dental premiums, please contact Intel Health Benefits Center at (877) GoMyBen (877-466-9236).