- Attendance at board meetings is open to all retirees who are members of IRO. If you would like to listen to your board at work, please send a request with one week’s notice to Barb Frank at Frankbarbara@sbcglobal.net.
- Are you a new retiree? Visit the IRO website where we have summarized key information.
ANDREW S. GROVE: 1936-2016
“We are deeply saddened by the passing of former Intel Chairman and CEO Andy Grove,” said Intel CEO Brian Krzanich. “Andy made the impossible happen, time and again, and inspired generations of technologists, entrepreneurs, and business leaders.” Click here to read the Intel press release. The IRO is awaiting information on a memorial service and will keep our members informed as soon as we hear.
Remembering Andy: We know that Andy’s passing has affected us all in different ways. If you would like to share your thoughts with Andy’s family, please send them to the IRO Mailbox at (email@example.com) by April 29, and we will put them into a sympathy card to let Andy’s family know how much he meant to Intel employees, especially to the many retirees who had the privilege of working with this amazing man.
FROM THE BOARD – Barb Frank, President
IRO 2015 PROGRESS AND 2016 PLANS UPDATE
IRO representatives met with our executive sponsor, Devra Johnson in February to review our 2015 progress and 2016 plans. In June we will update you on progress on our 2016 plan.
CONTINGENT WORKFORCE PILOT UPDATE
Retiree CW Pilot Program gets a new program manager. Changes are occurring – click here to learn more.
HEALTH/BENEFITS – Tom Piete, Chairperson
HEALTHCARE NEWS: SENIOR HOUSING NEEDS AND OPTIONS
Are you researching future senior housing options for yourself, or looking on behalf of an elderly family member? If so, this article may be of interest to you.
COMMUNICATION – Debbie Watson, Chairperson
Jim Nadir, an Intel retiree whose career spanned 33 years, is a space enthusiast with an impassioned commitment to kids. Read about his mentoring efforts for students in the ISS (International Space Station) program.
FACEBOOK MEMBERSHIP EXCEEDS 500!
We are at 525 members on our Facebook Group exclusively for IRO members. Our Facebook Group is a great place to connect with other retirees, share experiences and explore topics of interest. If you have questions, however, that require an accurate response, they should be directed to the IRO Mailbox at (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can expect a response within 24 hours and issues will be tracked until appropriately dispositioned.
VOLUNTEER – Ben Manny, Chairperson
MORE CHANGES TO INTEL’S MATCHING GIFTS FOR EDUCATION BENEFIT PROGRAM
Last month we announced Intel had doubled their matching gifts starting January 1st of this year. Intel is now transitioning to a new tool to submit requests for a matching grant. The benefit program continues so save your receipts for when the new tool is announced in Q2. Click here for FAQs and more details.
RETIREES SUBMIT 7.2% MORE INTEL INVOLVED HOURS
For 2015, 184 retirees submitted 61,214 volunteer hours for 304 organizations. While it is great that these hours will result in over $600,000 in matching grants to the organizations, the number for retirees submitting hours went down by about 7% while IRO membership increased by over 20%. If you volunteer, your hours probably qualify for an Intel Involved matching grant. Click here for program details and how to submit you volunteer hours.
ENCORE PERFORMANCE: A SECOND CAREER OPPORTUNITY
After retiring from Intel in Albuquerque after 20+ years, Pam Mulhall took advantage of a unique partnership with United Way of Central New Mexico helping at Crossroads for Women. Pam put her technical ability to good use by developing a database for women’s services. Read Pam’s story.
UPCOMING SITE ACTIVITIES
Visit site calendars to view activities in your area.
Go to Arizona Volunteer Opportunities for details
- Make a Splash Water Festival – volunteers needed on Friday, April 15; Contact Intel Involved to register.
- Computer Recycle Day – April 23, 2016, 7:30a.m. to noon. To volunteer contact email@example.com
- May 2016 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) – 1,000 judges, 500 general volunteers, and 200 interpreters needed May 4-13, 2016
- Kyrene Traditional Academy – needs science fair judges – May 3, 2016, 8:00-12:00. Volunteers can contact Theresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Decon at the Hudson Mass site is scheduled for completion July 1,2016!
Go to site calendar for details
- April 12 – lunch at the Golden Valley Brewery
- April 23 and May 14 two presentations about Indian migration to the U.S.